Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Week of Firsts!

Greetings Everyone,

This has been a week of firsts for me. I bought my first Apple brand anything, listened to my first podcast,

Getting my first Mac - I was the one who always said Apples are for eating and make a good pie. However, now I can honestly say, that there are some extremely cool and powerful tools that I now can access with the computer and I look forward to spending quality time over the weekend getting to know the MacBook Pro. I wish I could say that the technical challenges that I encountered - such as not having printer drivers work, not having add on software items ready from Adobe for the Snow Leopard OS, plus what was not working for MySQL is a first. However, I remember extremely well how bad it was when transitioning from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 as well as subsequent versions. In a couple weeks it should begin to work itself out.

Finally, I have an iPod. I have fought it for so long and then of course, downloaded over 40 freebie aps the night I got it. Another project for the weekend - figure out how to convert nearly 8 GB of Windows wma files to iTunes.

My first podcast. Interesting. I am a fan of listening to talk radio and the news and I can see how this could be really useful having directed technical information sent to me. However, I have been old school so long. I look up the news that interests me and read the story instead. Perhaps that will change in coming weeks.

My favorite find of the week - Google Reader! Since I like to follow certain topics, I really appreciate this ability to have a centralized location that streams in the info I want to see. I added a number of subscriptions that I can check on daily or every few days to keep up with what I find important.

My other first - Element K has issues sometimes when running when I am connected wirelessly - acts worse than dialup! But, finally figured that out today and had a remarkable difference.

That's all for me this week. Playing catch up over Labor Day weekend wish everyone a safe holiday!

CH

No comments:

Post a Comment