Thursday, September 10, 2009

Greetings from the Abyss

Hello Everyone,

I have to say last week's class was great - I love to go through and study business models. Michael Porter in particular was someone who I often read. Value Chain anyone??? Maybe coming soon. The Blue Ocean strategy and Red Ocean strategy had for me intriguing potential - but really felt like it could only apply with a new market or new industry option - lacking in real players or on the other side it would work for the open ended question - what if we could - much like those who created new technologies in Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works years back.

Conversely, after enjoying time going down memory lane with the Management models, I entered into information overload again......

Last week I talked about how much I loved Google reader. Having access to so much information is invigorating as I am a sponge but getting the aggregation to work the way I need it to, is not what I expected. I have subscribed to many blogs and numerous business and technology sites but there are so many things to read, I wish it could filter for me. I even added something from my old industry to have something to lighten the mental load. I am struggling a bit with all of the technologies at one time. If I spent all the time needed reading the feeds, blogs and other research, I would no longer have time to sleep, teach or do anything else. Are we not approaching a true information overload point? When to say when? It seems to become all consuming and perish the thought if the power went out and the wi-fi became inactive.

Still struggling, I am not even sure how to get to an OPML file and don't get me started on HTML.....got through the first part fine but then felt like I missed a few classes before the next level.

I'm drinking energy drinks and vigorously learning from everyone and know there is a magic point when it will all click. Until then, I will remain lost in the abyss - reading the RSS feeds on Google reader.

More later,

CH

No comments:

Post a Comment