Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tweety Bird

Yes, I have tweeted which makes me somewhat of a twit right? Of all of the Web 2.0 applications, this is the one which I have been avoiding like yersinia pestis. Yes folks, the plague. My number one issue with any of these Web 2.0 activities is giving up my anonymity. I have always stayed away from anything which had public viewing and access because, I really do not want to reconnect with some people from years gone by. That is why I just joined facebook this past January and maintain a tighter coterie of people that I have known for years. Maybe I just hate all the spam and extras. Then again, when you are no longer friends with someone or work with some people sometimes it is best to leave the past in the past.

So, of course I set up the account and because I did not want anyone else to get one of my frequent sign ins, I used my own name versus an avatar of some kind. Immediately after setting up the account, the system requested access to my address book - see the privacy invasion starts! Also, with companies and professionals able to access these types of sites, one must be careful to never post anything compromising and also make sure you know your friends well enough to know they will not be doing so as well.

I did like that you can protect your profile - much like facebook and block people at will!!!! I did find a couple old friends who are tweeters and have them locked in so I can follow their tweets.

At this point in time, I would prefer to reserve judgment as to how much I will use this technology. I already have too little time on my hands and have not been able to catch up with everyone on facebook, now to tweet as well....that will be decided in time.

More later,

CH

No comments:

Post a Comment